What to Look Forward to at #WACampMeeting
Here’s a quick list of our anticipated favorite camp meeting activities this year that you are sure to like, too!
- Good preaching and worship music throughout the week, including The King’s Heralds, Bill Knott, Elizabeth Talbot, Tim Madding, Chef Mark Anthony, G. Alexander Bryant, and Shawn Boonstra. (Plus: you will get to hear our new vice president Craig Carr speak on Sunday night!)
- The Rise Against Hunger service project on Sunday at 11 am (the first 150 volunteers will receive something special!)
- The Adventist Rodders Car Show on Sunday from 12-3 pm.
- The Auburn ABC Tent Sale (with lots of good deals) on Sunday from 1-3 pm (arrive early for a possible surprise or two!)
- Pathfinder Honors throughout the week (and activities, too!) like origami, marine mammals, march & drill, Bible marking (bring your own wide-margin Bible), and decoupage.
- The humor and information filled 11 am week day meetings with Chef Mark Anthony.
- A variety of discipleship workshops that will stretch and grow your thinking (see highlights below).
- The 50s & 60s themed Red Hat Luncheon on Wednesday at 12:15 pm.
- The always popular Gospel Sing-Along on Second Sabbath at 2 pm
- The much anticipated Voice of Prophecy (VOP) Reunion with stories, music, baptisms and more on Second Sabbath at 3 pm.
Please come for any or all of the #WACampmeeting experience!
75 Minutes of Learning
We have a stellar line-up of much anticipated discipleship workshops that we’re excited to share with you this year at #WACampMeeting!
- Parenting expert Kay Kuzma will share basic training for raising responsible kids in her Parenting Boot Camp class.
- Neurosurgeon David Levy (and author of Gray Matter) will discuss how your brain affects your spiritual life.
- Tim Madding will help you and your church better understand biblical hospitality.
- Elizabeth Talbot will introduce you to a study of ordinary biblical characters who encountered God’s grace.
- Maylan Schurch will coach writers, Sabbath School leaders, and budding or experienced guitar players.
- Donn Leiske is back with his ever popular class on preparing for the end times.
- Georgianna Akers is teaching an important 6-part class (beginning on Sunday) about supporting young people who experience a crisis or mental health challenge.
- John Brunt will walk you through a study of Galatians while Bill Roberts will unpack lessons from John 5-12 plus share principles for a healthy marriage relationship.
- Fitness instructor Teresa Joy will get your muscles moving with a fun exercise class.
- Sheri Crooker will share insights on empathy, and Chuck Simpson will share a Christian perspective of estate planning.
- Nohelani Jarnes will equip you with understanding deaf ministry in your church.
- Eric Flickinger will teach you about effective evangelism, and Ed Lyons will teach you how to teach about Bible prophecy.
- Want a truly hands-on class? Join Jodi Iwankiw for Pay It Forward service activities.
See full descriptions, times, and locations in the Digital Program Guide or in the hard copy Program Guide when you arrive at camp meeting.
Have fun picking out your class selections!
Make Your Last Minute Lodging Reservation!
We still have a lodging site for you at #WACampMeeting, and many of you are making last minute arrangements! Join the camp meeting experience in Auburn!
Make your lodging arrangements RIGHT NOW (online reservations close Wednesday night, June 14).
For conference tents, dry RV, partial RV, and full service RV, please register (as normal) at www.washingtonconference.org/campmeeting.
For the free u-pitch sites, pull up the online registration form and click through to the Map of U-Pitch Sites. Identify which Available site(s) you would like and then email your request to Gayle Lasher, reservation coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to finish your free reservation.
Guest Services in Spady Hall opens Thursday at 1 pm to assist you in your final reservation arrangements.
June 15 – Thursday Night Campfire
Please join #WACampMeeting for a new tradition on Thursday, June 15, at 7:30 pm! Bring your chair (and/or a blanket) to the AAA Gazebo for a family evening of worship. This will be a great evening of praising God with a campfire sing-along, a devotional message from Pastor Ryan Wilson, some sweet treats, and visiting with friends! The whole family is invited!
| #WACampMeeting Begins Friday, June 16!|
Programs for all ages begin at 7:15 pm
(Beginners 1 & 2 begin Friday at 4 pm)
Official Camp Meeting Potluck List!
It’s a favorite time at #WACampMeeting when church families gather to share a picnic potluck lunch each Sabbath after church on June 17 and June 24. Oh the good eats! Oh the good times (especially if there is sunshine)! Oh the fun conversations!
You are welcome to join your church family at one of the reserved camp meeting potluck locations, or invite a few friends to join you at your tent or RV site for a smaller luncheon.
Day of Ministry Training & Outreach Ministries Super Sunday
Expand your ministry knowledge on Sunday, June 18!
Day of Ministry Training – Sessions at 9:30 and 11 am
Youth & Young Adult Ministry • Parenting Clinic with Kay Kuzma • Devotional Spiritual Renewal • Intercessory Healing Prayers • Elder, Deacon & Deaconess Leadership Training • Youth Mental Health • Financial Ministry • Background Screening • Clerk Training • Estate Planning • and more!
Outreach Ministries Super Sunday
- 9:30 am – 12:15 pm Disaster Assessment Training
- 9:30 am – 10:45 am Fundraising Intensive Follow-Up
- 9:30 am – 10:45 am Disaster Response Trailer Operation Training
- 12-2:30 pm Disaster Response Trailer Open House
- 1-3 pm ACS Federation Biennial Meeting
- 4-5:15 pm Discover Bible School Training
Preview the Camp Meeting Program Guide at washingtonconference.org/campmeeting to find the full descriptions for training workshops!
June 18 – Rise Against Hunger Service Project
We have a special service project coming to #WACampMeeting this year! Rise Against Hunger is an organization that distributes packaged meals to developing countries to help promote education, improve student health, and stimulate economic growth.
At our camp meeting, we will be packaging 20,000 meals on Sunday, June 18, at 11 am in Rainier Auditorium. Volunteers ages 3 and up may be involved (children ages 3-6 need to be accompanied by an adult).
We’re looking for 100-150 volunteers to pack and seal meal bags. This is a fun, family-friendly service activity that you won’t want to miss! (There’s a special surprise for the first 150 volunteers!)
Questions? Contact Jodi Iwankiw at (253) 681-6008.
June 24 – Sunset Lake Staff Dedication
Have you ever worked at Sunset Lake Camp? You and your family are invited to visit camp the afternoon of June 24 for a special staff dedication to surround the 60th summer staff team with alumni and their families. We want to invite new staff into a 60-year legacy of ministry!
Alumni are invited to bring their family starting at 5:30 pm (note corrected time). Following the dedication, all are invited to stay for dinner (vegan and gluten free options available).
Sunset Lake’s physical address is 30811 Quinnon Rd. Ext. E, Wilkeson, WA 98396. Sunset Lake is a 30 minute drive from the AAA campus.
See You VERY Soon at #WACampMeeting!
Camping among friends. Attending spiritually-enriching meetings. Joining conversations and making new friends. Finding faith-growing books and resources. Engaging activities for children and youth. This is camp meeting: a whole family spiritual growth experience!
- See all the details in the Digital Program Guide!
- Let us know on Facebook if you are coming to #WACampMeeting!
- Pick up the nightly Accent newsletter during camp meeting for the latest #WACampMeeting updates!