December 30, 2020
- Church in Business Session (Church members) – January 24 6pm. On the agenda: Finance Report, Skagit Adventist Academy Report and Building Improvements Updates. We plan on serving dinner at 5pm, so please come early :).
- Coat Drive! – The Care Team has put together a coat drive that goes through January. We have filled up the box once, let’s keep those coats coming!
- Children’s Church January 9 – Concurrent with Worship service – held in gymnasium
- Youth Night Friday January 18 – Youth 12+ years, please join us!
- NEXT Night Saturday January 19 – Kids ages 8-11 years, please join us!
*If you would like to volunteer to work with our children/youth, please contact Pastor Bri through her email: email@example.com.
WOW – Worship on Wednesdays!
- 5pm – Bible Study (Fireside Room)
- 6pm – Dinner (Gymnasium – family tables please) On hold due to State Mandates
- 6:30pm Recovery Meeting (Fireside Room)
- 7pm – Prayer Meeting (Sanctuary)
- Sabbath School: 10am – 10:45am
- Adults – Adult Sabbath School will remain in the Fireside Room. We will be doing a hybrid of the Quarterly. Please join us!
- Children/Youth classes
- Beginners – Kindergarten
- Earliteen – Youth
- Please arrive in plenty of time to check in your kid(s) before class starts!
Worship Service: 11am-12pm Join us this Sabbath for a sermon by Elder Steve Ebsen “The Sanctuary I”. In the sanctuary service, God met His people where they were. In a world hopelessly marred by sin and after spending over 400 years in physical slavery to Egypt, the Lord redeemed His people and in the sanctuary service He enlarged their understanding of salvation. Fully a third of Exodus is devoted to the organization and construction of the Israelite sanctuary. But the national religion is not to be regarded as an entirely new and different system. It was an elaboration of the ancient religion of the patriarchs. Israel’s worship had deep roots in the patriarchal age and was a natural outgrowth (by divine direction) of the patriarchal sacrificial system. We will attempt to view the Israelite cultus (a system or variety of religious worship) as a spiritually perceptive Israelite might have regarded it. Our attention will be focused on some of the concepts that must have confronted the Hebrew worshiper. We’ll take a look at the elements that were already familiar to Israel’s ancestors and some that were new in the sanctuary service. Or join via our livestream on YouTube or Facebook or directly on our Homepage. Church Service Online!
- Wednesday morning Women’s Hour from 8:30am-9:30am. On hold due to State Mandates. Tentatively scheduled to start meeting again Jan. 13. We meet here at the church in the Fireside Room. Kids are welcome, as long as they are well – no colds, coughs or fevers please.
Skagit Valley Recovery (Previously Celebrate Recovery)
Skagit Valley Recovery (previously Celebrate Recovery) meets here on Wednesdays at 6:30pm. This is not just a group geared toward “alcohol/drug/smoking” issues. Everyone has hurts, habits and hang-ups. This is a safe place to learn where God wants to provide healing in each of our lives, whether it is food, finances, trauma, etc. They also meet on Thursdays at North Cascade SDA Church at 6:30pm.
Building A Powerful Immune System To Fight Off COVID-19 & The Next Pandemic: Health Presentation by Dr. Jonathan Fish (via Zoom) January 10th. During the pandemic, regular participants in our past health ministries programs have been requesting online health education programs. They have come to trust us to share credible information to help them improve their quality of living. We pray that this foundation of trust and relationship will extend to spiritual matters as well. Please attend our Zoom presentation and invite your friends in the community to join us as well. RSVP required: 360.333.9103
Read through the bible January 9-16
Reading through the Bible January 9-16 – We will be reading the Bible live every day from 8am – 8pm. Please see the sign-up sheet in the foyer this Sabbath to sign up for a few slots to read. It’s okay if you can’t commit to a whole hour, you can sign up for 30 minutes or bring a friend and tag team an hour :). Be creative, but join us!
Needs – From Family Promise of Skagit County – Effective December 1 our families moved back in from hotels to our two shelter sites at Central United Methodist and at Bethlehem Lutheran. We need your help to be able to give Family Promise staff time with their families! Please prayerfully consider the possibility of taking on one overnight a week, or a couple of dinner shifts per week to help relieve the staff at Family Promise. We appreciate anything you are able to do and are so thankful! Family Promise could not have survived this far in the pandemic without you! Click here to sign up for volunteer shifts.
Spruced up thrift shop
Closed Dec 18 – Jan 3 for Christmas and New Years’. They are NOT accepting donations at this time. 328 E Fairhaven Ave, Burlington, WA 98233; (360) 755-1141. Follow them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SprucedUpThriftStore
Adventist Book Center
Here is the most recent: Adventist Book Center Online – Adventist Books, Music and Media
Skagit county public Health
- New Family Resource Center at the Children’s Museum: for families with young children (including families expecting a baby). Press release here, more info here.
- Mortgage Relief Assistance: Skagit County is accepting applications through November 23 for COVID-19 Mortgage Relief assistance. You can find the press release here and a blog post about this here:
- Financial Assistance for failing septic systems: info here
- Blog post about safer Thanksgiving gatherings: here
Community Action’s current events
Want to keep up to date on Community Action’s current events? Click here: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Updates-from-Community-Action.html?soid=1104150309302&aid=QlCc2u0o2ao
Pregnancy Choices has been busy planning for not only a new building located 110 N. 15th St, but also a Maternity Home used to serve pregnant moms and help them with life skills needed to be a successful parent. Please visit our ministry corner to pick up your own copy of their newsletter as well as a free pen! Pregnancy Choices Staff, firstname.lastname@example.org,, (360)-428-4777, www.pregnancychoices.org
* Pending current State Mandates