IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE THIS NEWSLETTER VIA EMAIL WEEKLY, ALONG WITH OUR COMMUNITY COMMUNICATIONS, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO MELISSA: firstname.lastname@example.org & REQUEST TO BE ADDED TO OUR EMAIL LIST.
February 26, 2021
Dear Family and Friends,
“A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey” – Winni the Pooh. It’s been almost a year since COVID-19 took the world by storm and lockdowns became the norm worldwide. In that past year so much has changed – some things for better, others for worse. But in the midst of it all, friendships have been the mainstay of almost all of us. None of us want to do this alone, nor do we want to feel alone. I’m beyond grateful that our church has been able to maintain community throughout this time and that we have options for everyone to be involved here. I’m SO looking forward to tomorrow, when I can see many of you face to face, and interact with more of you online for our service, my friends :).
(but) If you are not feeling well, PLEASE STAY HOME. Attendees are to pre-screen themselves prior to arriving.
Bible Study: 10am – 10:45am
Adults – We are doing a hybrid of the Quarterly with plenty of discussion so please join us in The Gathering Place (previously known as The Fireside Room).
- Beginners – Kindergarten
- Juniors (8-11)
- Earliteen – Youth (12+)
- Please arrive in plenty of time to check in your kid(s) before class starts!
11am-12pm Children’s Church – Kids join us in the gymnasium for a special worship service just for you!
11am-12pm Join us this Sabbath for a sermon by Pastor Don Bryan “A New Beginning: A Call to go higher up and deeper in…”. In our journey with Jesus, we are called to surrender all. We are called to go higher up and deeper in, in our walk and service to Jesus and others. Ultimately we are called to Love God with all our hearts and to Love others as we love ourselves. At Mount Vernon SDA Church we see God calling us to this deeper commitment. We have committed ourselves to be in an adventurous relationship with God, and through the promised Holy Spirit be a refuge of love and acceptance to all people. Join us as we embark on this journey of Faith. Accept the challenge of serving others from the foot of the Cross. Join us in person Or join via our livestream on YouTube or Facebook or directly on our Homepage. Church Service Online!
After Church today – Ministry Teams will meet after our worship service to work on their goals as they align with our new Mission & Vision Statements and Goals. Please check with your Ministry Leader for more details.
Tithes & Offerings
- We are especially looking for support for our Church Budget.
- You can give online via our website here: Giving. There is also a mobile app: iPhone/iPad users: Adventist Giving on the App Store; Google Play: AdventistGiving.
- When giving online, you have the opportunity to choose where you want your monies to go, just like on the tithe envelope 🙂
- In the Foyer we also have our Little Church for Children’s Ministries, as well as a black lockbox for tithes and offerings collected on site. Use an Offering/Tithe envelope to specify a specific ministry if desired. All loose offerings will remain for our local church.
Worship on Wednesdays!
- 5-6pm Bible Study
- 6pm Simple Supper – Come eat with us, then stay and pray with us!
- 6:30-7:30pm Recovery Meeting
- 7-8pm Prayer Meeting via Zoom or in person
- Youth Night Friday March 19, 6-8pm – Youth 12+, please join us!
- NEXT GEN Night Saturday March 20, 6-8pm – Kids ages 8-11 years, please join us!
- March 12-21 – we will host Tyler Long for a virtual Life Seminar. Please plan to attend online, invite your friends and family. More information: Life Seminar on Facebook
- April 2 – May 1 – Evangelistic series onsite and livestream. We will have programs for the younger kids during this time so that adults, Juniors and Earliteens may attend all sessions. More details to follow.
- April 3/4 Easter Weekend – Stay tuned!
- July 2-10 Lee Venden will be here to share “All About Jesus”.
- VBS! – Stay tuned! We need volunteers, so please let Pastor Bri know how you can help! There is plenty to do behind the scenes if you are unable to attend/help during.
If I’m being honest, I’ve had a really tough week emotionally. Life has been feeling heavy and I feel like I’m playing “whack a mole” trying to do all of the things to deal with depression and anxiety while also maintaining my family, home, homeschool, children, work and ministry. The logical part of my brain is fully aware of the spiritual nature of the attacks recently that have threatened to overwhelm me and take me out of commission and so I fight against that. But in the very hardest moments, sometimes I just shut down in hopes that I don’t blow up and spew my hardships onto my family, especially those most vulnerable, my kids. Times like these make me so grateful for such an amazing husband and circle of friends that I can lean into for support, prayer, and a chance to laugh and feel the lift it brings. We all need the community of believers that can do the same for us when we are struggling. And when we are “back in the game”, sometimes even before we think we’re ready, others need us to be that for them. Community and friendship are a two way street, and we need to remember that. That is why we keep showing up, keep on keeping on, because we were never meant to do this on our own. So today I thank you for being my community and also ask the question: “How are we giving back to the community?” in hopes that we’re reminded that we need each other. God has brought us together, especially here and now for the high calling of spreading His love indiscriminately. God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!
Can’t wait to see you tomorrow! Remember, we are one Sabbath closer to Jesus coming back!
Mount Vernon SDA Church
360-416-0443 / email@example.com
*CDC recommends the following people NOT wear masks: Children under age 2; Anyone who has trouble breathing; Anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or can’t remove a face mask without help.